In order to present an application for the EntrepreneurXXI Awards, candidate companies must meet the following requirements:
- Be companies incorporated as a profit-seeking legal entity (S.A., S.L., Employee-owned companies, Cooperatives, Business Partnerships) and have a tax residence in Spain or Portugal.
- Have started their activity subsequent to 01 January 2016.
- The founding members must lead the company, hold a majority shareholder percentage and work principally in the company, as well as have experience in the sector and the aim to create teams.
- The Regional Award is intended for innovative technological micro-enterprises and SMEs from all sectors, broken down by territory.
- The Sector Award is intended exclusively for micro-enterprises and SMEs from the following sectors:
- AgroFood: Technological solutions related with agriculture and livestock production, technology and products for the agrofood industry, the transformation and the creation of agricultural and food products to be able to establish more efficient, effective and sustainable production in the food and agricultural industry.
- Health: Technology applied to medicine to help to improve the quality of life. Solutions in the field of therapeutics, diagnoses, and development of medical technologies. E-health.
- Senior: Technology that allows older individuals (the silver economy) to actively participate in all the areas of social life, improving and developing the quality of life in terms of personal assistance, health, or any other aspect related with this sector of society.
- Mobility: Solutions and digital platforms that provide solutions for vehicle financing and hire, multi-mobility or mobility as a service solutions, subscription models, connected/automated car, recharge/energy points, payment solutions related to mobility, mobility providers, used vehicle and after-sales platform.
- PropTech: Companies that combine a technological component with contributing value to the real estate market. Technological solutions (Market Place, Big Data, Investment, Software, Property Management, Financing, Visual Start-Ups, Peer to peer, Smart Home) focused on improving any service within the property sector from property purchase, rental or sale activities to construction or maintenance services.Impact: Technology-based innovative solutions linked to social purposes, environmental impact, sustainable development, job placement and encouraging diversity, etc.The contest is intended for companies with a high innovative component, innovation being understood in a broad context (products, processes, business model, etc.).
The call is intended for technological and digital companies, with a high growth potential and scalable and innovative business models, with innovation understood in a broad sense (product, processes, business model, etc.)
The following are explicitly excluded:
- self-employed individuals or freelancers
- companies considered “large companies” according to the European Commission, i.e., companies that have more than 250 employees and have more than 50 million Euro in annual revenue or whose annual balance sheet exceeds 43 million Euro, or companies that have more than 25% of their capital held by one or more companies considered “large” according to the definition above.
Companies that have been awarded in previous editions may not compete for the same award, but they can apply for and compete in other categories and for the second prizes.