18 Jul 2017
In order to present an application for the EntrepreneurXXI Awards, candidate companies must meet the following requirements:
- Be companies incorporated as a profit-seeking legal entity (S.A., S.L., Employee-owned companies, Cooperatives, Business Partnerships).
- Have a tax address in Spain or Portugal.
- Have started their activity subsequent to 1 January 2015.
- The founding partners must lead and work primarily in the company.
- The Regional Prize is directed at micro-enterprises and SMEs from all sectors, broken down by territory.
- The Sector Prize is directed exclusively at micro-enterprises and SMEs from the following sectors:
- Agro Tech: Agricultural production, Technology, and products for the agricultural industry, Transformation and development of agricultural and food products
- Health Tech: Therapeutics, Diagnosis, and Development of medical technologies.
- Commerce Tech: B2C negotiations with online transactions, e-commerce, Marketplaces, Gaming, Mobile, E-Talent
- Fin&Insur Tech: Products and services related to the financial and insurance sectors
- Tourism Tech: Digital businesses and platforms linked to the sector
- Impact Tech: Digital projects related to social networks
- The contest is intended for companies with a high innovative component, innovation being understood in a broad context (products, processes, business model, etc.).
The following are explicitly excluded:
- Self-employed individuals or freelancers.
- Companies considered large according to the European Commission (that have more than 250 workers and have more than 50 million Euro in annual revenue or their annual balance sheet exceeds 43 million Euro), or those that have more than 25% of their capital held by one or more companies considered large according to the definition above.
Companies that have won in previous editions may not apply for the same award, but can present an application for and compete in other categories and for the second place prize.